How to Get Anything You Want in Life!
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. – Mark Twain
Every successful man I have heard of has done the best he could with conditions as he found them, and not waited until the next year for better. – Edgar Watson Howe
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. – Benjamin Franklin
What do we want out of life? Whether it is to help others, be healthy, lose 20lbs, build more muscle, start your own business, build a castle in Scotland, or anything….it’s all possible but only if we take the steps to get it done!
- Have a Clear Picture of What You Want – It could be a getting healthier than you are now, starting your own company, a way you want to live your life, a new computer, or just planning a trip to go somewhere you always have wanted to go. But you have to know what you want as specific as possible. Saying “I want to be happy” or “I want to live on the beach” isn’t going to get you there. Take your dream and make it as specific as possible such as “I want to write a book about the importance of health and fitness while living on Myrtle Beach in SC”. Now that is specific! Only when you know what you clearly want can you develop the action plan to get it.
- Plan What Needs to Get Done – After you have a specific goal such as “I want to lose 20lbs in 2 months”, now can you move forward and plan what needs to be done daily, such as knowing what meals you have to eat and what exercise you need to do. If you do not take action daily, you will just let everything stay the same and “hope” you get progress (that never works). It doesn’t have to be complicated, just a couple things you need to do daily. Take time to plan every day and you will get done what you need to do, unlike many who just are going through life with no real direction and wonder why they are not “rich” or “happy”. (nothing wrong with smelling the flowers…just don’t get lost in the forest or walk off a cliff in the process)
- Your Worst Enemy is YOU – That’s right, it’s not other people it’s you. Who worries about what others think? Who thinks about how many different ways you can fail? Who tells you that you cant do it? Who distracts you and keeps you from doing the important tasks at hand? Who is forcing you to eat all the wrong foods or never find time to exercise? I think you get the hint. Take control of your own mind and your worst enemy can easily turn into your best friend. Tell yourself that you are going to make it happen. Remind yourself that there is no such thing as failure, just actions that need to be taken and the lessons to learn from them. Remember that those that take no action get no results. You can do it….if you think you can…no, make that if your KNOW you can! Failure no longer exists in your world…just actions and results to learn from…and then more actions as the cycle repeats daily.
- Get Rid of Distractions and Negative Energy – Look at your day and the people you surround yourself with. How do you spend your time? (we have the same amount of hours in a day as the people who have gone on to do great things in all walks of life) Are they adding anything to your goals or just taking away from your time and positive attitude? Time to make some hard decisions and get rid of the distractions that don’t do anything, and stay away from people who are not helping in any way. You will be surprised at what can happen if you focus on important tasks only and be around positive people who are successful daily too. Anything can happen!
- Don’t Have “Paralysis by Analysis” – Keep it simple people. So many of us (like myself) can get caught up in all the little details which don’t matter hardly. What matters is action taken! If your goals are fat loss or muscle gain, then follow the simple steps in each of those posts. Whatever your goals are be specific and keep it simple. Worrying too much about details that don’t matter or trying to get it 100% right the first time may just never get you anywhere. Take action, learn from whatever results you get and then take more action based on what you learned. This is no failure, there is no success….there is just action and no action. Which one are you doing today?
- Enjoy the Journey Every Day! – Success and happiness in life is not about reaching some destination or getting just one thing, it’s about the daily journey we all take. Look at something you bought because you thought it would make you happy….and why is it buried in the closet for the last 6 months? Most people are not happy with their journey so they assume items and things will bring them happiness. Too bad that is just temporary and then you need more and more and still will never find that happiness that comes with living every day in alignment with your inner spirit. You have everything you need to be happy right now, your MIND. Appreciate what you have around you again and find your mission in life. We all want to be happy and feel purpose, that is just life’s journey. While we can set goals daily, remember that it’s still about the journey every day.
- The Worst Action to Take is None At All – Start today! Find your clear vision, make your daily goals, get rid of the distractions in life, get around positive people and just start enjoying the journey of life! That action could be just to go take a walk in the woods for a couple hours, happiness is available to us in many forms and available right NOW! No excuses, no failures, just a lack of any action. So….what are you waiting for?
So there you have it, no matter what your dreams and goals are they are all within reach. You just have to take the steps to go make them happen. Start every day with some reflection, time alone to go over your vision of what you want to happen and what steps you need to make. You are (or become) what you think about. Get your mindset as your friend as soon as the day begins. No more will you ever say “I can’t” or “I won’t”…those no longer exist in your vocabulary. Start each day with a positive saying such as: (or you can come up with your own version depending on what you want to do or areas you think you need help reminding yourself of staying positive)
I am going to make today count. Nothing that happened in the past matters for today. I will do the things I need to without being distracted. I don’t care what others may think. I am doing something to improve my health every day. I can do this and I will do this.
Make your goals known in the comment section, get it out there for everyone to see….and then go get it!
PS. If you want recommended reading on find daily happiness and living in the “Now”, see the book “The Power of Now” by E. Tolle. (It’s deep stuff, but really packs a punch once you just understand and apply what he is talking about daily…then happiness is every day!)
Find out what the "IF Life" is all about and learn why your fears about not eating all day may actually be keeping you from getting the results you are after. Just enter email below and click on "Get Access Now" button for the free PDF to be sent to you.